Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Idaho! Just cossed the Snake River



Eating a snack in Vale, OR. Will cross the Snake River where both my grandparents ashes are. I will have them in my thoughts all day.


Idaho! Just cossed the Snake River. Paid respect to grandma and grandpa Richardson. All new terrain for me now.

Up early and enjoying the sun.  Stopped in Juntura, OR @ the Oasis.  The nasty waitress wasn't there so lucky me.   I had a cinammon roll and hot tea.  Back out on the road I was enjoying my ride along the Malhuer River.  Late afternoon I finally left the Fall 2011 Bike Tour Route in Vale, OR.  It was nice to be on a new route now.  I said hello to my grandma and grandpa whose ashes are in the Snake River which I crossed over outside Vale on my way into Idaho.  I was thinking about them as I was riding and I realized their ashes probably got pumped up into the fields I am riding by.  Big mile day, ended up going all the way to Weiser.  Stayed at a private campground with showers.  Hiker Party = 100 mile day and a tall boy of Coors Banquet Beer.

my gravel bin camp just over Stinkingwater Pass

another lean to camp in a private campground

No comments:

Post a Comment