Thursday, May 3, 2012

Been riding in the rain all day!


Been riding in the rain all day! SKS longboard fenders rule! I stayed dry and comfy in my Pearl Izumi raingear too. Pretty happy to have a chance to test out my clothing system now before the cold/damp of BC/YT/AK.  In Council, ID. Headed up the road a few more miles to a campground.

Got an early start today in light rain.  As the morning progressed it began to rain harder and harder.  I was very comfortable in my rain kit though.  I stopped in Midvale, ID for a cinnamon roll and some coffee.  Best cinnamon roll so far too!  I rode on in the rain to Cambridge, ID.  I picked up my resupply and repacked it in the laundry mat.  I decided to keep biking as it was only noon.  It looked like it was going to stop raining, but it didn't.  I stopped in a ranchers hay barn to get rain gear on again.  It was even thundering a bit out.  I picked up beer and groceries in Council, ID.  I ended up riding on to Evergreen Campground.  I had to climb one more pass first and on the north side it rained in buckets.  I am happy my rain gear is neon yellow as I was very visible to vehicles and my SKS Longboard fenders kept my bike and me dry.  I set up a bomber camp in the closed campground.

a nice rancher allowed me to get my rain gear on in his hay barn

bomber camp @ Evergreen Campground next to the Weiser River

2 comments:

  1. keep up the great work Krud!! Awesome to see you progressing on the map. Esp like the cloud cover feature, very neat!

    Power on up white bird pass, its a doozy! incredible view looking to the east as you go up.. archetypal country!

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. White Bird Pass was a doozy! I like riding down it better for sure!

    ReplyDelete